Two ailing Gujarat fishermen return to Gujarat from Pakistani jailJuly 01, 2018
Porbandar: Two ailing fishermen, released from Pakistan jail arrived in Gujarat. Pakistan Marine Security Agency had caught them from mid-sea for violation of maritime border last year.
Dana Arjan Chauhan is 39-year old. He is suffering from cancer. He was arrested on 2nd May last year for violation of international maritime boundary.
Rama Mensi Gohil is 45-year old. He is from Kanjotar village of Gujarat. He is suffering from paralysis.
With repeated representations and requests through all levels and related pact between India and Pakistan, both ailing fishermen were released from Pakistani jail and handed over to Indian authorities via Wagah border from where they were brought to Gujarat by air.
GFCC Chairman Veljibhai Masani, Director and Bargam Kharva community’s leaders were present to welcome two fishermen released from Pakistani jail.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies