Ahmedabad-Delhi Vistara flight delayed by over 4 and a half hours due to bomb hoaxJuly 09, 2018
The Ahmedabad-New Delhi flight of private operator Vistara was delayed by over 4 and a half hours today due to a hoax bomb call to the airliner’s call center at Gurgaon.
Flight number UK976 with scheduled departure time of 1055hrs could take off at 1527 hrs.
Airport Director Manoj Gangal said, ‘Local Vistara Airline at SVPI Airport received a call from their call centre in Gurgaon that there is an explosive in their Ahmedabad flight. Receiving the information, BTAC (Bomb Threat Assessment Committee) was convened immediately at SVPI Airport. The committee viewed the call as ‘Non Specific’ but advised for following of complete security drill. After thorough checks, the flight no. UK976 was cleared for operation at time 1415 IST.’
‘General comfort of the passengers was taken care, including the pax with special needs. A few passengers who wished to be rescheduled were helped in doing so,’ he added.
Gangal said that the search was conducted before the boarding process.
The flight finally took off at 1527hrs.
- Gandhinagar coldest across Gujarat today with lowest of the season so far at 11°C, Ahmedabad at 11.8°C third in this regard, temperatures likely to go down after 2 days: Met Director
- Nita Ambani performs Madhurashtakam, entire Ambani family dance on 'Gujju' song, Salman Khan dances as background artist at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur
- Jagdish Thakkar PRO of PM Modi who also served as PRO of various Gujarat CMs passes away
- Jasdan by-poll: Fake news alert
- Nita Ambani visits Swadesh Bazaar - supporting 108 traditional Indian Crafts
- A group of 30 professors from Gujarat visit PM Modi after attending training programme in U.K.