Gujarat likely to witness increased rainfall activities from August 7 or 8: Met DirectorAugust 03, 2018
Gujarat which is waiting for another spell of ‘monsoon’ rain can expect it to happen from August 7 or 8.
IMD center Gujarat Director Jayant Sarkar today said that there is likelihood of increased rainfall activity in parts of South and East Central Gujarat region from August 7 or 8.
‘As there is one cyclonic system developing over the head bay of Bengal and is likely to move in north westerly direction causing some increased rainfall activities in Gujarat as well,’ he said.
Sarkar also said that the light to moderate rain at isolated places in South and Central Gujarat today was due to the moisture incursion in the atomsphere due to strong and humid south westerly winds prevailing at lower levels.
Notably after a few days of almost negligible rain, moderate rainfall has been witnessed at a few places. By 4 pm today Kamrej in surat had seen almost an inch of rain, Sagbara in Narmada district, Anklav in Anand, Dediapada in Narmada and Umerpada in Surat have seen around half an inch of rain.
Meanwhile the met department has issued warning for fishermen to not to venture in to sea off and along Gujarat coast due to it being turbulent with unusually high waves.
- 305 kg heroin smuggling case: Gujarat ATS nabs another accused from Kashmir with suspected links with terrorists
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- Jain mandals against animal export from Tuna port in Kutch
- Apart from open ground, parking space will also be required for opening a school
- One dead, 3 injured in gas cylinder blast in road-side tea-snacks cabin
- Major fire in pharma company in Vapi GIDC, no loss of life or injury reported