One lakh government jobs provided to youths in Gujarat in last 2 years: CM Vijay RupaniSeptember 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: CM Vijay Rupani today said that BJP government in Gujarat has provided government jobs to around one lakh youths in last two years through transparent recruitment procedure.
Addressing a function on the occasion of handing over of appointment letters to 344 youths for various posts in the Labour and Employment department, Rupani also blamed congress governments of the past for backlogs in government appointments and long-lasting vacancies thus caused.
He said that the earlier congress regimes had stopped the recruitment in government jobs for years which had resulted in to a big backlog and continuing of vacancies for long. His government has not only filled up the backlogs but provided opportunities to the youths for transparent recruitment procedure based only on merit.
Rupani said that his government has also ended the irregularities of the past in recruitment, promotions and transfers at one go by making transparent and better system for competitive exams including those conducted by GPSC.
‘Now there was no need to bribe or take help of other means to get a job as merit has become the only criteria for that,’ he added.
On the occasion Labour and Employment minister Dilip Thakor said that there was plan of 3000 direct recruitment in his department alone in coming times.
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area