One lakh government jobs provided to youths in Gujarat in last 2 years: CM Vijay RupaniSeptember 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: CM Vijay Rupani today said that BJP government in Gujarat has provided government jobs to around one lakh youths in last two years through transparent recruitment procedure.
Addressing a function on the occasion of handing over of appointment letters to 344 youths for various posts in the Labour and Employment department, Rupani also blamed congress governments of the past for backlogs in government appointments and long-lasting vacancies thus caused.
He said that the earlier congress regimes had stopped the recruitment in government jobs for years which had resulted in to a big backlog and continuing of vacancies for long. His government has not only filled up the backlogs but provided opportunities to the youths for transparent recruitment procedure based only on merit.
Rupani said that his government has also ended the irregularities of the past in recruitment, promotions and transfers at one go by making transparent and better system for competitive exams including those conducted by GPSC.
‘Now there was no need to bribe or take help of other means to get a job as merit has become the only criteria for that,’ he added.
On the occasion Labour and Employment minister Dilip Thakor said that there was plan of 3000 direct recruitment in his department alone in coming times.
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls