Ignoring Congress’s objection and complain in ECI, BJP continues to hold party meeting at CM residenceMarch 19, 2019
Ignoring rival Congress party's objection and related complain in Election Commission, Gujarat BJP continues to hold Lok Sabha candidate selection meeting at Chief Minister's bungalow in Gandhinagar on third and last day pic.twitter.com/6O7qzNktZF
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) March 19, 2019
Gandhinagar: Ignoring rival Congress party’s objection and related complain before Chief Electoral Officer, ruling Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) continued to hold state parliamentary board meeting at Chief Minister Vijay Rupani’s residence on the third and the last day today for selection of Lok Sabha poll candidates.
Four Lok Sabha seats that were discussed today were Rajkot, Kutch, Porbandar and Junagadh. Earlier on first and second day, the names for 22 seats were discussed and panels were formed. The list shall be presented before the Central Parliamentary Board in Delhi for final decision.
Meanwhile, Congress screening committee meet is going to be held today in Delhi for discussion of names of candidates for around dozen Lok Sabha seats of Gujarat. State Congress party chief, leader of opposition and state party incharge are going to attend the meeting.
- Gujarat govt. not to organize Shala Praveshotsav this year
- Gujarat govt to amend law for ban on e-cigarettes
- A committee to look into One Nation, One Election initiative
- School vans in Ahmedabad to remain on strike tomorrow: Vardhi Association
- Another incident of blast in mobile phone battery in Gujarat
- Temperatures to rise by 2 to 3 °C in the next two days, feeling of humid hotness to increase: Met