Bulldozer action reaches Chhapariya in Himmatnagar where Ram Navami procession was attackedApril 26, 2022
Himmatnagar: The administration has started a demolition drive with bulldozers in the Chhapariya area in Himmatnagar, several days after the Ram Navmi violence in this area.
The demolition drive started on Tuesday morning with police bandobast on TP road in Chhapariya area. Five illegal constructions will be demolished in this area using bulldozers. The illegal shops, and illegal temporary and permanent constructions will be demolished in this drive to widen the roads, as per the local official. The demolition was started in the presence of SP, DySp, four police inspectors, PSI and police jawans. The locals had received the notice for the demolition drive on Monday. They had started demolishing the building themselves even before the bulldozer arrived, it is learnt.
The stone pelting and arson were done in a Ram Navami procession in Chhapariya area of Himmatnagar on 10th April and a day later stones and petrol bombs were hurled in the Vanzaravas area of the town. Over 10 police personnel were injured in the violence. DeshGujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months
- 'Kavach' trials successfully completed on 142.7 km rail route in Gujarat
- Home Guard, LRD cops nabbed by ACB Gujarat in two separate bribe cases
- Soilless farming using sponge in Saurashtra University
- SMC plans to save Rs. 80 crore in power bills by 2025 through renewable generation