Veraval Sessions Court rejects bail plea of Maulana in molestation caseApril 21, 2023
Gir Somnath: A sessions court in Veraval rejected the anticipatory bail plea of an accused Maulana who allegedly molested a female.
The accused, Maulana Javid Gulam Chauhan, who resides in Govindpara in Veraval taluka, was booked by the Prabhas Patan police for physically molesting a female. He made a plea for anticipatory bail in the second additional district and sessions court of Veraval. However, the public prosecutor of the district argued that granting the accused anticipatory bail and taking his crime lightly would have negative effects on society and would prevent a thorough investigation of the case.
The second additional district and sessions judge, KJ Darji, rejected the anticipatory bail plea of the accused Maulana considering the arguments of the public prosecutor. DeshGujarat
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months