E-Kart delivery man held for alleged groping a woman in SuratJune 08, 2023
Surat: A delivery man from a popular online retailer has been arrested for allegedly groping a woman after delivering a package in the Umra area of the city.
The incident occurred on June 5 when the delivery boy, named Sufiyan Patel, arrived to deliver an order that the woman had placed with Flipkart but later decided to cancel. Despite her cancellation request, the delivery man insisted that she accept the package and allegedly began touching her inappropriately. The woman called for help, and the society’s watchman and other individuals apprehended and beat the delivery man.
The suspect, who was employed by EKart, a subsidiary of Flipkart, has been charged with sexual harassment. Flipkart has announced that they are currently investigating the incident. The deputy commissioner of police emphasized the importance of verifying the identity of delivery personnel and raising security awareness within communities. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat High Court dismisses PIL against disturbance caused by loudspeakers at mosques
- Fake Govt offices scam; Dahod Police arrests former IAS
- Upto four lakh hectares damage in standing crops estimated due to unseasonal rains: Gujarat govt
- One nabbed at Ahmedabad airport for carrying 36 beer bottles
- Cadila Pharma commissions Rs. 200 crore API plant at Dahej in Gujarat
- Two-wheeler rider on wrong side and in fast lane of highway dies after hit by SUV
- DSP Asset Managers opens subsidiary company office at GIFT City Gujarat