Rajkot, Vadodara, Ahmedabad to London via Mumbai on single ticket: Indigo – British Airways sign codeshare pactSeptember 23, 2023
Mumbai: IndiGo, India’s leading airline, and international carrier, British Airways have signed a codeshare agreement. Through this partnership – which sees British Airways add its code onto a couple of destinations across IndiGo’s network – customers can enjoy improved connectivity between India and the United Kingdom for travel from October 12, 2023.
With this codeshare partnership with IndiGo, British Airways will now be able to add three additional routes to their existing network:
- Amritsar to London Heathrow via New Delhi
- Kochi to London Heathrow via Mumbai
- Ahmedabad to London Heathrow via Mumbai
- Goa to London Heathrow via Mumbai
- Thiruvananthapuram to London Heathrow via Mumbai (NEW)
- Kolkata to London Heathrow via Mumbai
- Rajkot to London Heathrow via Mumbai (NEW)
- Vadodara to London Heathrow via Mumbai (NEW)
The agreement means that customers traveling, for example from Rajkot to London, or transiting through London Heathrow (or vice versa) will be able to connect to their destination on a single ticket.
IndiGo operates an extensive domestic and regional network with a fleet of A320 aircraft. All British Airways customers traveling onwards with IndiGo will be able to enjoy a complimentary meal and the UK carrier’s generous baggage allowance in economy via codeshare for flights to India – two checked bags up to 23 kilos per person.
Abhijit Dasgupta, Senior Vice President – Network Planning and Revenue Management, IndiGo, said, “This partnership expands the choices available to British Airways customers for journeys to/from London Heathrow, using IndiGo’s extensive network in India. “
Neil Chernoff, Director of Network and Alliances, British Airways, said, “Our partnership with IndiGo means that customers will be able to book their entire journey on one ticket, allowing seamless travel all the way from London to their final destination.”
British Airways is now exceeding pre-pandemic levels of flights to India, ahead of celebrating 100 years of flying to Delhi next year. The airline is operating 56 flights a week, to five Indian gateways: Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
Customers traveling between Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore can enjoy British Airways’ newly designed Club Suite (business class) cabin, with direct-aisle access, a suite door for greater privacy and luxurious flat-bed seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. From next week, flyers will also soon start to see the new British Airways uniform, as cabin crew, pilots and check-in agents switch over to the airline’s first new uniform in 20 years.
*Codeshare flights are available to book from today for travel from 12 October 2023, subject to government approval.
- Gujarat High Court dismisses PIL against disturbance caused by loudspeakers at mosques
- Fake Govt offices scam; Dahod Police arrests former IAS
- Upto four lakh hectares damage in standing crops estimated due to unseasonal rains: Gujarat govt
- One nabbed at Ahmedabad airport for carrying 36 beer bottles
- Cadila Pharma commissions Rs. 200 crore API plant at Dahej in Gujarat
- Two-wheeler rider on wrong side and in fast lane of highway dies after hit by SUV
- DSP Asset Managers opens subsidiary company office at GIFT City Gujarat