BJP AMC Councillor from Ghatlodia ward resignsNovember 22, 2023
Ahmedabad: Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) corporator from Ghatlodia ward no 7 has resigned from his post, citing personal reasons.
Manoj Patel, who is a corporator in the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation from the Ghatlodia ward, which is also the assembly constituency of Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, has officially resigned. His resignation letter has been officially handed over to the Municipal Commissioner.
It is learned that Patel has not attended the general meeting of the AMC for the past six months and has proactively resigned from his post to avoid potential removal by the AMC due to prolonged absence. As per the Gujarat Provincial Municipal Corporation (GPMC) Act, a corporator is disqualified from their position if they fail to attend general meetings for six consecutive months.
Sources reveal that Manoj Patel no longer resides in Ahmedabad; his family has relocated abroad. He has settled in America for some time and also obtained a Green Card there. Consequently, he chose to resign from the corporator’s post to join his family abroad. As per the rules, the by-poll for this seat in the Ghatlodia ward will take place within the next six months. DeshGujarat
- Bollywood celebs, Hollywood icons, and industrialists arrive in Jamnagar for Anant-Radhika pre-wedding
- Mahesh Vasava meets CR Patil; Joita Patel set to join BJP
- Air India launches Bhuj-Mumbai direct flight service
- Opening of IN-SPACe's Technical Centre at Bopal, Gujarat on March 5
- Paldi Jalaram Mandir under-bridge to open for traffic on 4 March
- GST revenue in Gujarat up by 15% in February 2024 compared to February 2023
- Tata's N. Chandrasekaran visits Dholera a day after announcement of semiconductor fab unit