How is Airport Advisory Committee formed?December 05, 2023
New Delhi: The Union government, on Monday, shared in the Parliament how the Airport Advisory Committee is formed.
In a reply to a question in Rajya Sabha, Minister of State in the Ministry of Civil Aviation (Gen. (Dr) V. K. Singh (Retd)) stated the following:
~ The Member of Parliament (MP) of the area of the airport i.e. the MP (Lok Sabha) is the ex-officio Chairman of the Airport Advisory Committee (AAC). It ensures direct accountability of the AAC to the voters of the local constituency. This alignment guarantees that AAC’s decisions reflect the specific needs and preferences of the community around the airport, establishing a clear line of responsibility for addressing amenity-related issues. However, Chairman of the AAC may nominate upto two members from among the prominent persons from Social and Political background from the city of the Airport.
~ The AAC comprises of the MP (Lok Sabha), Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) representing the Airport constituency, Airport Director, representative from the Airlines Operators Committee, Chief Airport Security Officer, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) or Senior Superintendent Of Police (SSP) of the State Police, District Collector or District Magistrate of the area, Municipal Commissioner and nominated members from diverse fields. This 29. SHRI GULAM ALI composition guarantees that the AAC at the Airport is a representative body encompassing a broad spectrum of stakeholders and expertise.
~ The Chairman of the AAC may nominate upto two members from among the prominent persons from Social and Political background from the city of the Airport.
The inclusion of the MP of the airport area as the ex-officio Chairman ensures that the Committee is led by someone who directly represents the interests and concerns of the local population in the vicinity of the Airport. Moreover, the diverse representation of stakeholders within the AAC adds an additional layer of assurance, fostering a transparent and inclusive decision-making process. DeshGujarat
- Speculations rife over another former Congress MLA joining BJP
- Gujarat CM performs ground breaking for 67 km long Ring Road of Vadodara; Inaugurates new District Collector office building
- UT Congress chief reacts to speculations that Priyanka Gandhi may contest from Diu Daman seat
- Narendrabhai Modi likely to lay foundation stone of 3 semiconductor plants on March 13
- Nitin Patel withdraws his claim for BJP ticket on Mahesana Lok Sabha seat
- Police complaint against IFB company's service guy for harassment to Hindu married woman
- Gujarat CM praises IPS Hasmukh Patel, asks new Govt recruits to earn same rapport