CM expresses grief over death of children due to measles vaccineMarch 16, 2011
CM expresses grief over death of children due to measles vaccine
Ahmedabad, 16 March, 2011
Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi has expressed deep grief over the death of children that happened due to measles vaccine at Rambaug hospital of Adipur in Kutch.
It is very painful incident and state government, considering it a very serious one, has given immediate orders for a high level probe into the matter, he said.
Chief Minister expressed his condolence to the distressed families and said that state government has announced an assistance of Rupees one lakh to the families of all the children who lost their lives. State government will ensure strictest punishment for all – whosoever is responsible for this sad incident, he said.
Chief Minister informed that entire stock of this measles vaccine has been withdrawn from the state with an immediate effect and samples have been sent for laboratory examination by the Food and Drug control department of the state.
Chief Minister added that vaccination is very helpful to keep the child healthy but it is painful if some child meets with untimely death due to it. State government has taken this incident with utter seriousness and will conduct a strict probe into it, he said.
- Another success in land acquisition for bullet train project in Surat district
- Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tie nuptial knot over Vedic chants and Hindu tradition in Mumbai
- Exhibition on Futuristic Technologies at Science City for Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Northerly winds making weather colder in Gujarat, Maximum temperatures at most places fall below 30°C
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit ‘Statue of Unity’ on Dec 15
- Union Railway Minister to dedicate Nation’s First Railway University in Vadodara on 15th December