Geoglobal:Parliament adjourned, Gujarat govt issues a statementDecember 04, 2012
Ahmedabad, 4 December 2012
There was uproar in parliament on Tuesday over alleged irregularities in gas deal by Gujarat government. While Lok Sabha was adjourned till 12.30 pm, Rajya Sabha was adjourned till 2.00 pm.
Meanwhile, Gujarat government spokespersons Shri Jaynarayan Vyas and Saurabh Patel on Monday issued a statement and clarified the state government’s point of view on the allegations on gas contract to Geo-global resourcing company. The spokesperson ministers said:
-This is one more Congress lie to defame Gujarat.
-In reference to an agreement between GSPC-Geoglobal company on 27 August 2002, the GSPC has in writing said in August 2010 that Geoglobal company has no participating interest in this gas clock, and the contract is canceled. This matter is pending before central government’s Petroleum ministry.
-This is one more lie conspired by Congress’s ‘Dirty tricks department’.
-Central government’s Director General of Hydrocarbon and central Petroleum and Gas ministry’s management committee was informed about this decision and reminders have been sent for suitable actions, but for last two years, the central government has not replied any of these reminders.
-Commercial gas has not been produced so far at all in KG-OSN-2001/3 gas block,m and thus Geoglobal has not been paid even a single pie of profit.
-GSPC-Geoglobal agreement has been canceled and 10% participating interest has been forfeited.
- Chief Minister Rupani on two-day visit to Rajkot attends number of function, launches Rs 175 crore projects
- Boy falls in open gutter during rain in Surat, dies
- Valedictory of Youth Parliament of India 2018 at Karnavati University
- CMO official, Resident Commissioner of Gujarat in Delhi meet Israel ambassador
- City police commissioner's touching message to cops after Rath Yatra
- Heavy to very heavy rain warning for Gujarat; Southern Gujarat coast to have squally weather