Vishwamitri flooding:600 people shifted to safer places in VadodaraJuly 28, 2013
Vadodara, 28 July 2013
Around 600 persons who live in low lying areas close to Vishwamitri river in Vadodara are shifted to safer places due to rising level of Vishwamitri river in Vadodara.
Dozens of families in low lying areas are affected due to flood water of river Vishwamitri. The level of Vishwamitri crossed 22.03 ft last night due to extra water released from Aajva and Pratappura reservoirs.
Dangerous level of Vishwamitri river is 26 ft, but even at 22.00 ft some low lying areas were affected. Vishwamitri river has good number of crocodiles, and people are afraid of crocodiles. Civic body employees are called on duty, and their Sunday leave has been canceled today.
The situation has somewhat improved on Sunday as water level in Vishwamitri river has gone little down in the morning.
-7,000 cusec water released from Aajwa and Pratapura reservoirs.
-At 9.00 pm on Saturday the level was 19.9 ft. The level later reached 22 ft.
-24 ft level can affect functioning of Kalaghoda bridge.
-Water level in Pratapura is still around 8 ft above 220 ft level. All surplus water is being released to Vishwamitri river.
-Vishwamitri river water mix with Dhadhar river, but due to water relesaed from Dev dam, Dhadhar river is also full, and therefore it is not taking enough water from flooding Vishwamitri river.
- Gujarat govt to purchase ground nut at support price of 900 per 20 kg
- Gujarat BJP announces three organizational appointments
- Union P&NG Minister and Gujarat CM launch One lakh PM’s LPG Panchayats at Gandhinagar
- Balancing our energy needs and environmental conservations is a challenge: Mukesh Ambani at PDPU
- Rahul to start first leg of Navsarjan Gujarat yatra in poll bound Gujarat from Dwarka
- Whale found on the shore in Gujarat 3 days back and put back in sea, dead