Coming up in Gujarat $200.39 million Honda plant,Nikkei reportsSeptember 04, 2013
Ahmedabad, 13 May 2013
Honda is coming to Gujarat, and its plant may be functional even before early entrant Maruti.
According to the Nikkei, Honda Co Ltd will build a fourth plant likely to be in Gujarat, at a cost of about 20 billion yen($200.39 million).
Honda plans to increase its motorcycle production capacity in India by 30 percent by 2016, aiming to catch up with market leader and former joint venture partner Hero MotoCorp Ltd, the Nikkei reported.
Honda’s output capacity in India will rise by 1.2 million to 5.8 million units once the plant starts producing, the Nikkei said. Honda will hire 3,000 workers, it added. ($1 = 99.8050 Japanese yen)
According to market watchers, unsuitable land given to Honda in Bangalore, no support from state two suppliers paved way for Honda’s Gujarat decision.
- Amit Shah writes nine-page letter to Chandrababu Naidu
- First train from Detroj carrying Maruti cars to leave on Saturday
- RIL acquires stake in Saavn for JioMusic, forms India's largest platform for music; combined entity valued at over US$ 1 billion
- Tell us who all in India used your services: GoI in notice to Cambridge Analytica
- Arvind Limited launches CREYATE
- 33% hike in political pension for Dang’s kings, Nayaks, Bhaubandhs