Maruti Suzuki launches India’s first entry-level auto-gear car CelerioFebruary 06, 2014
Ahmedabad, 6 February 2014
Maruti Suzuki India today launched its new hatchback Celerio.
The Celerio will be offered in six variants, two with automatic transmissions. While the manual transmission models are priced between Rs. 3.5 lakh and Rs. 4.96 lakh, the two auto gear shift variants are priced at Rs. 4.29 lakh and Rs. 4.59 lakh.
Celerio Auto Gear Shift variants will have the flexibility of both manual mode and auto drive mode in the same car, with a simple shift of gear lever.
Maruti claims that both the versions — automatic and manual — would deliver mileage of about 23.1 kilometers.
Cars with automatic transmissions presently account for less than five per cent of the total passenger vehicles sold in India.
“Given the congestion on Indian roads, the demand for auto mode is a no brainer,” MSI MD and CEO Kenichi Ayukawa told reporters in New Delhi.
“Celerio will cater to a growing demand for vehicles with automatic gear shift at an affordable price,” he said.
According to Mayank Pareek, CEO of Maruti Suzuki, 30% cars in India will be gear-less by 2020.
Maruti Suzuki India has already started taking bookings for the car. In the past, the company has launched AT version of its compact cars, including the Zen and A-Star.
- All eyes will be on Gujarat counting tomorrow for it being home turf of PM Modi, trends would be available from 9 am
- Hardik again sings EVM hacking song, Election commission rejects it saying - voting machines not hackable
- Lioness attack and injure 3 farmers in village close to Gir forests in Gujarat
- Like UP defying exit poll figures BJP will win 150+ seats in Gujarat: Rupani
- 5 including 2 of inter-state firearms smuggling gang nabbed in Gujarat, 8 pistol, one revolver recovered
- Live: Gujarat assembly elections 2017 results