Phase one permission is about keeping gates in raised positionJune 12, 2014
New Delhi/Ahmedabad, 12 June, 2014
Reacting to approval of raising dam height by 17 meter granted by Narmada Control Authority in Delhi today, Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited(SSNNL) chief JN Singh who was also part of the meeting of NCA said: SNNNL is permitted to carry out phase one proposal comprising construction of piers, overhead bridge and installation of gates in open position at Sardar Sarovar Project site as per the approved design The project authorities should comply with the conditions as laid down by the two subgroups of Narmada Control Authority. Particular care may be taken in preparing plan to provide timely safeguard in case of untoward/unforeseen incident.
It should be mentioned here that the Government of Gujarat had submitted a proposal for further raising of Sardar Sarovar Dam to Narmada Control Authority in 2008, which was considered in its 80th meeting held on 12-08-2008 and it was interalia decided that further construction of Sardar Sarovar Dam would be carried out in two phases:
(i) Construction of Spillway Piers to its full height and bridge and installation of Gates(to be kept in raised position) and;
(ii) Lowering down of Gates and impounding water in the Reservoir to Full Reservoir Level to EL 138.68M.
The permission given today is for phase one.
- Gujarat Science City demonstrates robots that work as waiter; India's first Robotics gallery to come up by mid-next year
- Ravindra and Rivaba Jadeja meet PM Narendra Modi in Delhi
- Gujarat CM visits Sardar Patel 's birth place in Nadiad
- Desalination, Recycling of water the way to go for Gujarat, explains Chief Minister
- Secretary of Dept of Defence Production, GoI, delivers lecture on Innovation for Defence Excellence at IIM-A
- Hardik Patel is a betrayer and loose character man who cares only for his own selfish motives, he will betray even Congress: Chirag Patel