Sudama Setu bridge in Dwarka by July 2015: Minister in AssemblyMarch 24, 2015
Annually 26 lakh people visit Shri Dwakadhish Mandir in Dwarka in Gujarat. Construction of Sudama setu bridge on river Gomti is in progress and it is likely to be completed by July this year. These details were shared by Minister Pradipsinh Jadeja in Gujarat Assembly today.
He said, the central government has allocated Rs. 22 crore for development of Dwarka as heritage city under HRIDAY scheme.
Sharing further details on government sponsored development works carried out in this pilgrim town know for Shri Krishna’s Dwarkadhish Mandir, the Minister said, “recently Chief Minister had dedicated Rs. 71.68 crore projects completed in Dwarka. Presently Rs. 25.54 crore works are in progress.”
He said Dwarkadish Mandir campus and administrative complex construction project has been divided in four pacages. Pacakge 1 includes parking, toilet block, drivers area, shops, security cabin, two elephants at entrance, office building, path-way, electrification, compound wall. These works are completed. Package-2 works include reconstruction of old Gomti ghat, locker room, traffic police cabin, changing room, path-way, sitting arrangements, kirti stambh etc tat are completed. Package -3 involves the works of development of Samudra Narayan beach, gate, path-way, benches, toilet block, water hut, compound wall, electrification etc. Package -4 involves works like Ravla lake development, two iron gates, compound wall, toilet block, water hut, children pay area, electrification which have been completed.
Minister said Government has planned Rs. 30 crore works for development of Bet Dwarka. First phase works involve Rs. 12 crore allocation. Government has planned construction of Rs. 350 crore bridge connection Okha and Bet Dwarka.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 inaugural session from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar
- Foreign president, Prime Ministers arrive in Gujarat for Vibrant Gujarat Summit
- Mukesh Ambani led RIL becomes first Indian private company to post Rs 10,000 crore quarterly profit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi opens 12-day Amdavad Shopping Festival
- ACB nabs Joint General Manager of Surat Airport taking bribe from contractor
- Mansukh Mandaviya undertakes PadYatra on 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi