Amarnath Yatra concludes incident-free: CRPFAugust 31, 2015
The CRPF today said that it succeeded in conducting the Amarnath pilgrimage without any incident yet again, despite threats of militant strikes.
“CRPF again proved their incredible mettle by successfully conducting Shri Amarnath ji Yatra 2015, despite serious threats of terrorist strike and apprehensions of disturbances,” CRPF spokesman A K Jha said in a statement here.
Jha said besides providing security cover to all pilgrims during entire yatra, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was at the forefront when incidents of cloud bursts occurred during pilgrimage.
“Several teams of CRPF along with their officers and doctors rescued several pilgrims and locals who were trapped due to cloud bursts,” he said.
He added that being the nodal security agency for providing security cover to the Amarnath yatra, CRPF deployed about 67 troops to the pilgrim convoys.
“As per practice of previous years, CRPF deployed large number of troops this year as well.
“As many as 67 companies including mahila troopers were deployed for the security of yatri convoys from Jammu to Pahalgam and Baltal besides providing security on both the routes of yatra on Pahalgam and Baltal axis,” he said.
In view of past attacks on the pilgrimage, the CRPF took steps to ensure that this year the yatra went without any incidents, Jha said.
“Last two yatras witnessed the terrorist attacks and other disturbances but amid speculations, this year it was a very peaceful and successful yatra in which more than 3,52,000 yatris visited the holy shrine despite inclement weather. Not a single incident of militant act occurred and the CRPF ensured infallible security arrangements,” he said.
He added that CRPF also pressed into service other resources like Quick Action Teams (QATs), Bomb Disposal Squads and manpower for smooth conduct of yatra.
- Flights connecting Ahmedabad to Porbandar and Jaisalmer from today
- Foreign Trade Development Officer caught red handed taking bribe from exporter for correction in foreign trade license from exporter in Gujarat
- Rajkot has got the Gujarat AIIMS due to political heavyweights of the region including CM Rupani and LoP Dhanani: BJP MLA Yogesh Patel
- Cold wave in parts of Gujarat, Met issues warning for tomorrow as well
- Jaxay Shah appointed chairman of Assocham Gujarat chapter
- Three companies sign MoUs with Gujarat govt for Rs. 3,710 crore investment in expansion and new projects