‘B’ line construction work kicks off at Suzuki Motor Gujarat plantJanuary 17, 2017
Ahmedabad: Encouraged by support of the state and central government, Suzuki Motors has started working on ‘B’ line at its Gujarat plant. This is the second line in addition to existing ‘A’ line which is going to be inaugurated next month.
A 2.5 lakh/annum capacity ‘B’ line work has been launched on Monday. Target completion date for this second line is 30th December 2017. After a month long trial period, ‘B’ line may start delivering cars from February 1 next year.
This second line which is now being constructed by Shapoorji Pallonji is likely to cater export requirements.
It is learnt that the company has planned to erect another line (‘C’ line) after a gap of two years.
Each line will have 2.5 lakh unit production capacity per annum.
Three lines eventually will allow company to produce three different models of cars at a time with total production capacity of 7.5 lakh cars per annum in addition to existing capacity of 1.5 lakh car production per annum elsewhere in India.
- Chhotu Vasava led BTP in poll pact with Congress; will contest 3 seats on own symbol, another 3 on Congress symbol
- Congress releases second list of candidates for Gujarat assembly elections 2017
- Arun Jaitley's interaction with media persons in Ahmedabad
- Rupani couple has Rs 7 crore property, his rival Rajyaguru has Rs 141 crores property
- Gujarat polls, contest between anarchist, divisive forces on one side and stability, growth and progress on the other: Jaitley
- Gujarat BJP announces third list of candidates for assembly polls 2017