‘B’ line construction work kicks off at Suzuki Motor Gujarat plantJanuary 17, 2017
Ahmedabad: Encouraged by support of the state and central government, Suzuki Motors has started working on ‘B’ line at its Gujarat plant. This is the second line in addition to existing ‘A’ line which is going to be inaugurated next month.
A 2.5 lakh/annum capacity ‘B’ line work has been launched on Monday. Target completion date for this second line is 30th December 2017. After a month long trial period, ‘B’ line may start delivering cars from February 1 next year.
This second line which is now being constructed by Shapoorji Pallonji is likely to cater export requirements.
It is learnt that the company has planned to erect another line (‘C’ line) after a gap of two years.
Each line will have 2.5 lakh unit production capacity per annum.
Three lines eventually will allow company to produce three different models of cars at a time with total production capacity of 7.5 lakh cars per annum in addition to existing capacity of 1.5 lakh car production per annum elsewhere in India.
- ED teams conduct raids on Nirav Modi's jewelry outlets in Gujarat
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau to arrive Gujarat tomorrow
- First Budget session of 14th Gujarat assembly from tomorrow, likely to be stormy. Patel to present budget on February 20
- Results of Gujarat Nagarpalika elections 2018 on Monday
- Thousands participate in Rajkot Marathon 2018
- Body of lioness found on the bed of dried up rain-fed river in Junagadh district of Gujarat