‘Recite Sitanshu Yashaschandra’s poetry in police remands, accused would speak up’May 05, 2017
National book fair, Gujarat University convention center:Hitting out at Vadodara based poet Sitanshu Yashashchandra for his agitation against Gujarat government over the issue of autonomy of Gujarat Sahitya Akademy, popular humor writer Vinod Bhatt taking dig at Sitanshu’s poetry said: Police would apply third degree, beat the accused, make an accused sleep over ice but accused would not speak. Then Police would start reciting Sitanshu Yashaschandra’s poetry and then accused would start confessing… I killed Mahatma Gandhi, I fired bullet that killed Indira Gandhi………’
Bhatt, a very popular humor writer is against the stand taken by Gujarat Sahitya Parishad chief Topiwala and supporter Sitanshu Yashashchandra who along with some leftist and socialist group of hardly known authors are protesting government decision to appoint former IAS officer Bhagyesh Jha as head of Gujarat Sahitya Akademy. Topiwala brigade has declared boycott of all events organized by Sahitya Akademy. Bhatt believes such clash is unnecessary. He believes handful of people disliked Jha’s appointment as Akademy chief and ego clash started.
Bhatt on the fourth day of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC) book fair entertained the audience by narrating his various experiences with famous authors.
- Looking at the previous exit polls about Gujarat
- Supreme Court rejects Teesta Setalvad, husband's plea against de-freezing accounts
- Get HSRP fitted in vehicles by Jan. 15 or face fine upto Rs 500 when caught
- Leopard reportedly injures 2 in North Gujarat village, crowd attack police
- Atmospheric temperatures take a dip, 3 places record single digit temp, Naliya coldest at 8.4 °C
- Congress claims it will win 124 seats in Gujarat polls; deploys cadre outside strong rooms