‘Recite Sitanshu Yashaschandra’s poetry in police remands, accused would speak up’May 05, 2017
National book fair, Gujarat University convention center:Hitting out at Vadodara based poet Sitanshu Yashashchandra for his agitation against Gujarat government over the issue of autonomy of Gujarat Sahitya Akademy, popular humor writer Vinod Bhatt taking dig at Sitanshu’s poetry said: Police would apply third degree, beat the accused, make an accused sleep over ice but accused would not speak. Then Police would start reciting Sitanshu Yashaschandra’s poetry and then accused would start confessing… I killed Mahatma Gandhi, I fired bullet that killed Indira Gandhi………’
Bhatt, a very popular humor writer is against the stand taken by Gujarat Sahitya Parishad chief Topiwala and supporter Sitanshu Yashashchandra who along with some leftist and socialist group of hardly known authors are protesting government decision to appoint former IAS officer Bhagyesh Jha as head of Gujarat Sahitya Akademy. Topiwala brigade has declared boycott of all events organized by Sahitya Akademy. Bhatt believes such clash is unnecessary. He believes handful of people disliked Jha’s appointment as Akademy chief and ego clash started.
Bhatt on the fourth day of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC) book fair entertained the audience by narrating his various experiences with famous authors.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies