Veteran humor writer Vinod Bhatt leaves Gujarat Sahitya AcademyMay 10, 2017
One of the most popular Gujarati authors of present time, veteran humor writer Vinod Bhatt(79) has resigned from the ‘Margdarshak Mandal’ of Gujarat govt arm ‘Gujarat Sahitya Academy. Bhatt is leaving the academy when its present chief and former IAS officer Bhagyesh Jha’s term has ended on 7th of April. Jha is likely to be replaced with Padma awardee journalist and author Vishnu Pandya soon. Bhatt says he is leaving the academy on happy note after starting Ramanbhai Nilkanth award, publishing entire volume of Ramanbhai Nilkanth’s writings, scaling the sum for award to Rs 71,000 and initiating awards for poetry, story, novel, children literature and drama.
- Looking at the previous exit polls about Gujarat
- Supreme Court rejects Teesta Setalvad, husband's plea against de-freezing accounts
- Get HSRP fitted in vehicles by Jan. 15 or face fine upto Rs 500 when caught
- Leopard reportedly injures 2 in North Gujarat village, crowd attack police
- Atmospheric temperatures take a dip, 3 places record single digit temp, Naliya coldest at 8.4 °C
- Congress claims it will win 124 seats in Gujarat polls; deploys cadre outside strong rooms