Veteran humor writer Vinod Bhatt leaves Gujarat Sahitya AcademyMay 10, 2017
One of the most popular Gujarati authors of present time, veteran humor writer Vinod Bhatt(79) has resigned from the ‘Margdarshak Mandal’ of Gujarat govt arm ‘Gujarat Sahitya Academy. Bhatt is leaving the academy when its present chief and former IAS officer Bhagyesh Jha’s term has ended on 7th of April. Jha is likely to be replaced with Padma awardee journalist and author Vishnu Pandya soon. Bhatt says he is leaving the academy on happy note after starting Ramanbhai Nilkanth award, publishing entire volume of Ramanbhai Nilkanth’s writings, scaling the sum for award to Rs 71,000 and initiating awards for poetry, story, novel, children literature and drama.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies