Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s two-day visit to begin with functions at Sabarmati Ashram todayJune 29, 2017
Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will start his two-day visit to Gujarat from Mahatma Gandhi’s Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad. The Prime Minister will spend 30 minutes at the Ashram to commemorate its centenary year.
The Prime Minister will inaugurate a new exhibition at the Ashram. He will plant a tamarind tree here. He will visit Hriday Kunj in the ashram and announce Rs 220 crore Sabarmati Ashram area development plan.
The PM wiwll hand over the Ashram digital copies of ‘Gandhi Papers’ curated by the Central government arm National Archives of India.
The PM will pay tribute to Jain saint and philosopher, Shrimad Rajchandra and release Rs10 and Rs 150 coins and commemorative stamp marking his 150th anniversary, and also release a special day cover of the India Post themed on the Hriday Kunj at Sabarmati Ashram.
Shrimad Rajchandra, a Gujarat-born Jain saint-philosopher interacted with Mahatma Gandhi before he went to South Africa is believed to have left a deep impression on Mahatma’s life and had influenced his thoughts on truth, nonviolence and austere living. Gandhi first met Rajchandra on his return from England as a barrister.Gandhi’s made his reverence for Rajchandra clear: “In my moments of spiritual crisis, Shrimadji was my refuge,“ Bapu has written in his autobiography.
People from Dharampur ashram of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission will remain present at the function.
- Fake notes of 200, 500 and 2000 of face value of over 17 lakhs recovered in central Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Anil Ambani's Reliance sues NDTV for Rs 10,000 Crores for Rafale report in Ahmedabad court, hearing likely on Oct 26
- MoS Parbat Patel falls on stage, no injury, video-photos go viral
- Banas Diary to set up its another complex in Diyodar area: Chairman Shankar Chaudhary
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan