Launch of Pink Auto Rickshaws programme in SuratJuly 02, 2017
Surat: Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today launched ‘pink auto rickshaw’ initiative in the city of Surat under which the trained women will drive pink color auto rickshaws.
On the occasion of the second year anniversary of Smart City Mission, the Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC) has today hosted launch/ground breaking programmes for solar power plant (3.6 mw), LED street light and smart light monitoring system and other projects worth Rs 128.27 crore. Letter of intent will be hand over for Rs 879.04 crore housing units to rehabilitate the slum dwellers under Pradhanmantri Aavas Yojana(Mukhyamantri Gruh Yojana 2013).
– Althan water distribution centre
-3.6 mw rooftop solar plant at canal road
-Launch of pink auto rickshaws run by women
-Launch of Rs 17 crore automatic fare collection system in city buses
-Launch of Surat city link mobile app
-Launch of Smart City app
- CM Rupani lays foundation stone for Rs 800 crore public works in Ahmedabad
- World War II era Dakota aircraft arrives in Jamnagar Air Base from UK
- Miscreants damage around 30 vehicles in Bhavnagar city
- Hardik Patel's security cover withdrawn after security assessment by MHA
- One dead in Dyeing mill fire in Surat city of Gujarat
- DRI nabs two carriers of Mumbai based international gold smuggling racket from Ahmedabad airport with 1.6 kg gold