Shivkumar teared documents when IT sleauths reached resort, torn papers recovered in Panchnama: Jaitley in Lok SabhaAugust 02, 2017
New Delhi: In response to Congress MPs raising questions over Income Tax search on 39 locations of Karnataka minister DK Shivkumar including one resort in which 44 Gujarat MLAs are kept by Gujarat Congress ahead of Rajya Sabha elections scheduled to take place on August 8, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley speaking at Lok Sabha said: No resort or Gujarat MLA has been searched or contacted. Karnataka minister and his allies are facing searches at 39 locations. One individual(Karnataka minister DK Shivkumar) who was to be searched(by Income Tax department) reached a resort when search was going on at his residence. When search is conducted a person is confronted and asked to give statement. He was hiding at a place and therefore Income Tax officials reached there to bring him to his residence to take his statement. When they reached there he was tearing up documents. Torn papers and documents that were being torn were also recovered in Panchnama. Don’t link it to some election in Gujarat but to economic offense.
- Jio announces Republic Day 2018 plan
- General elections of 75 municipalities in Gujarat on February 17
- 3500 cu sec water released from Karjan and Sardar Sarovar to give life to river Narmada
- All BJP MLAs from Vadodara and local MP skip President's function at MSU
- Gujarati Lieutenant General to led 69th Republic Day parade in Delhi
- 176 of total 182 newly elected MLAs take oath as member of Gujarat Assembly