Two Ganesh idol maker artists arrested for violation of notificationAugust 13, 2017
Surat: Two Ganesha idol makers were arrested by police here for violation of notification that prohibits making of plaster of Paris idols above 5 ft height and mitti idols above 9 ft height.
Artist Viswajit Ravindra Vairagi had made 5 ft plus height Ganesh murti in sitting posture over asana which violated the notification. He was arrested by Adajan police. Another artist Jiten Nandkishor had also made 5 ft plus height idol. He was arrested by Katargam police.
Surat witnesses installation of around 65,000 murtis every year during Ganesh utsav, around 10,000 of which are bigger in size. Most of the murtis are made from plaster of paris, the material which is found making pollution in water bodies.
- BSF nabs a big Pakistani fishing boat in creek area adjoining Kutch district of Gujarat
- 10,538 vehicles carrying liquor seized in Gujarat in two years: MoS Home
- Scrutiny committee again invalidates caste certificate of Morva Hadaf MLA, Khant says, will move court
- Finance minister makes important announcements on Maa Vatsalya Yojana
- Gujarat Chief Minister reacts to State budget 2018-19
- Rs 106.32 crore liquor excise, transportation and special fee hike proposed in Gujarat budget 2018