Two Ganesh idol maker artists arrested for violation of notificationAugust 13, 2017
Surat: Two Ganesha idol makers were arrested by police here for violation of notification that prohibits making of plaster of Paris idols above 5 ft height and mitti idols above 9 ft height.
Artist Viswajit Ravindra Vairagi had made 5 ft plus height Ganesh murti in sitting posture over asana which violated the notification. He was arrested by Adajan police. Another artist Jiten Nandkishor had also made 5 ft plus height idol. He was arrested by Katargam police.
Surat witnesses installation of around 65,000 murtis every year during Ganesh utsav, around 10,000 of which are bigger in size. Most of the murtis are made from plaster of paris, the material which is found making pollution in water bodies.
- Gujarat BJP holds meeting, Instructs polling agents for counting day
- Re-polling on Sunday in 6 booths of Gujarat
- After entry in Gujarat from Dwarka, Cygnett Hotels to set up 6 more hotels in the state in 2 years
- 2 dead, 5 injured in fire in a building in village near capital Gandhinagar in Gujarat
- 3 booked for disrupting polling in Gujarat on 2nd phase election day
- Over 25 lakh additional voters cast votes in Gujarat compared to previous election