Two Ganesh idol maker artists arrested for violation of notificationAugust 13, 2017
Surat: Two Ganesha idol makers were arrested by police here for violation of notification that prohibits making of plaster of Paris idols above 5 ft height and mitti idols above 9 ft height.
Artist Viswajit Ravindra Vairagi had made 5 ft plus height Ganesh murti in sitting posture over asana which violated the notification. He was arrested by Adajan police. Another artist Jiten Nandkishor had also made 5 ft plus height idol. He was arrested by Katargam police.
Surat witnesses installation of around 65,000 murtis every year during Ganesh utsav, around 10,000 of which are bigger in size. Most of the murtis are made from plaster of paris, the material which is found making pollution in water bodies.
- Shah terms Gujarat polls a 'battle of prestige', appeals for uprooting Congress, 3/4th majority for BJP
- Gujarat Congress also passes unanimous resolution regarding promotion of Rahul as party president
- Congress party led by a family has been always against Gujarat and Gujaratis: Modi
- If Congress was doing so good, why 25% of its MLAs left it before election: Modi
- 15 days parole for prisoners aged 60 and above on Diwali: Gujarat govt
- CM to open Gujarat's 2nd Lion Safari park at Ambardi in Dhari taluka of Amreli tomorrow