BJP wins Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation election single handedlyAugust 21, 2017
Mumbai: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has achieved yet another victory. The party has got a majority in the Mira-Bhayander Municipal Corporation (MBMC), winning 61 of the 95 seats. BJP swept the polls with Shiv Sena managing to win only 22 and Congress 10. NCP is nowhere in the picture. With its victory in Mira-Bhayander the BJP has won second municipal body in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) after Panvel.
The BJP was in power in the MBMC in alliance with Shiv Sena. BJP is now on its own winning the civic body that runs the twin cities—Mira Road and Bhayander–near Mumbai. Shiv Sena which contested separately did slightly better than the 14 seats it held previously. The tally of the Congress that had 19 seats is reduced to almost half. NCP reduced to zero from 27 seats it last civic house. Following the defection of its local leader Gilbert Mendonca to the Shiv Sena, the NCP’s existence here seems to have become negligible.
— Devendra Fadnavis (@Dev_Fadnavis) August 21, 2017
- Lemon Tree Hotels IPO to open on March 26
- Gujarat HC refuses to permit Balwantsinh to make ECI a respondent in RS election plea
- Patient dies due to high pressure oxygen supply at MRI lab facility in Ahmedabad
- Fake call center involved in duping foreigners busted in Ahmedabad
- NCB nabs Nigerian lady from train in Vadodara with drugs worth over Rs 80 lakhs
- AMC health teams collect sample of water etc from road-side vendors a day after this viral video