BJP wins 7 of 10 municipality seats in Gujarat by-polls, 3 more than previous positionSeptember 12, 2017
Gandhinagar: Out of 10 municipality seats that went to by-polls across 8 municipalities in 7 districts in Gujarat, the BJP has claimed victory on 7 seats. In previous position, BJP had 4 seats. As per today’s results, BJP has snatched 3 seats from Congress.
BJP has retained the seats of Anand, Okha, Wankaner, Visavdar municipalities while snatched seats in Bhuj, Jetpur-Navagadh and Bagasara municipalities.
In Bhuj municipality by-poll, a Muslim candidate of BJP has been victorious. BJP candidates have defeated Congress rivals in municipalities in Rajkot and Amreli districts.
- Narendra Modi interacts with 23,000 Gujarat BJP workers through audio bridge
- PM wears uniform, celebrates Diwali with jawans of Indian Army and BSF in Gurez Valley
- Income Tax department launches 'online chat' to answer taxpayers queries
- Five arrested in Surat for vandalising rangoli of movie 'Padmavati', later released on bail
- Gujarat CM dedicates Rs 18.72 crore police stations, police housing units in Kutch
- Diwali festival about 100 years ago in rural Gujarat as described by Ravi Shankar Maharaj