Ahmed Patel’s son-in-law under CBI probe for allegedly bribing I-T officialsSeptember 25, 2017
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Gujarat Raya Sabha MP Ahmed Patel’s son-in-law is being probed for allegedly bribing top Income Tax officials.
Irfan Bhai, a name in the FIR registered against Income Tax officials has been identified as Patel’s son-in-law Irfan Siddiqui. Irfan’s name appeared in dairies seized during raids.
The FIR registered on August 30, 2017, has also named some senior Income Tax officials under Prevention of Corruption Act.
According to the page 7 of the FIR, diary entries say Ahmed Patel’s son-in-law Irfan Siddiqui known as Irfan Bhai paid Rs one crore to the accused Income Tax official Dr. Subhash Chandra IRS, said a report.
Irfan is likely to be summoned by the CBI for investigation.
- Smriti Irani to launch action plan for aspirational district Narmada
- Amit Shah writes nine-page letter to Chandrababu Naidu
- First train from Detroj carrying Maruti cars to leave on Saturday
- RIL acquires stake in Saavn for JioMusic, forms India's largest platform for music; combined entity valued at over US$ 1 billion
- Tell us who all in India used your services: GoI in notice to Cambridge Analytica
- Arvind Limited launches CREYATE