Ahmed Patel’s son-in-law under CBI probe for allegedly bribing I-T officialsSeptember 25, 2017
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Gujarat Raya Sabha MP Ahmed Patel’s son-in-law is being probed for allegedly bribing top Income Tax officials.
Irfan Bhai, a name in the FIR registered against Income Tax officials has been identified as Patel’s son-in-law Irfan Siddiqui. Irfan’s name appeared in dairies seized during raids.
The FIR registered on August 30, 2017, has also named some senior Income Tax officials under Prevention of Corruption Act.
According to the page 7 of the FIR, diary entries say Ahmed Patel’s son-in-law Irfan Siddiqui known as Irfan Bhai paid Rs one crore to the accused Income Tax official Dr. Subhash Chandra IRS, said a report.
Irfan is likely to be summoned by the CBI for investigation.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies