Boulders, wooden, concrete slabs found on track on Ahmedabad – Mumbai rail line, matter under investigationSeptember 30, 2017
Vadodara: A suspected conspiracy/attempt to derail trains on Mumbai-Ahmedabad main line near Karjan railway station in Vadodara district of Gujarat was somehow foiled last night with timely removal of some boulders and other obstacles kept on both the up and down track.
Police today said that the driver of a passenger train going towards Bhiloda in Valsad saw around six small boulders (stones), two wooden and a conctrete built slab on the tracks around 1940 hrs last evening at a place between Khashipura Sarar and Miyagam near Karjan railway station.
He immediately contacted the station master of Kashipura who inturn informed the police. The boulders and slabs were later cleared from the track.
PSI of Karjan K M Rawal was investigating the matter.
Notably a large number of trains including Mumbai Rajdhani cross through this section.
- Jain mandals against animal export from Tuna port in Kutch
- Apart from open ground, parking space will also be required for opening a school
- One dead, 3 injured in gas cylinder blast in road-side tea-snacks cabin
- Major fire in pharma company in Vapi GIDC, no loss of life or injury reported
- Surat district court rejects Alpesh Kathiria's anticipatory bail plea in sedition case
- CBI files FIR against its own Special Director and Gujarat cadre IPS Rakesh Asthana