PM Modi visits Jagat temple in Dwarka, performs puja of lord DwarkadheeshOctober 07, 2017
Dwarka: PM Narendra Modi, who arrived today on 2 day Gujarat visit, started his trip by offering Puja at Dwarkadheesh (Jagat) temple here.
PM Modi reached the temple premises at around 1040 am and spent around 20 minutes there of which the special puja with vedic Shodsopachar vidhi took around 10 minutes.
Lord Dwarkadheesh was decorated in blue attire on the occasion owing to today being Saturday (There is a day specific dress colour code of sorts for the temple ). the background of the lord was decorated beautifully with light green and yellow cloths.
While PM Modi was sitting on a special throne like low lying seat during the puja and chant of mantras by the priests, Union minister Nitin Gadkari, CM Vijay Rupani, Dy CM Nitin Patel and former CM Anandiben Patel stood behind with folded hands towards Dwarkadheesh.
Modi who arrived here in IAF chopper after landing at Jamnagar airport in his special aircraft, also kept meeting and greeting the commoners during his temple visit. He kept waving his hands for greeting other devotees standing nearby as well as those standing on the roofs and balconies of the nearby buildings to have a glimpse of him.
Before and after the puja he also even approached the commoners himself and shook hands with many of them. The local BJP leaders including MP Poonam Madam who welcomed him at the helipad here were also present during the puja.
Later he left for the inauguration of Okha-Bet Dwarka cable bridge.
- VHP chief of Mahuva town killed
- Six killed in group clash in Chasra village near Mundra in Kutch
- ACB nabs driver of Mamlatdar taking Rs 7 lakh bribe on behalf of him in Surat, Asst. MVI also nabbed in Dahod
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP in Gujarat from November 15
- At least five Pakistanis nabbed in creek area of Kutch
- Delhi High Court grants Rakesh Asthana six-day protection from arrest