BJP women’s front led by CM Rupani’s wife protest against Rahul by wrapping his effigy in SariOctober 11, 2017
Rajkot: The woman wing of ruling BJP led by wife of CM Vijay Rupani, Anjaliben Rupani today protested the alleged ‘indecent’ comment about women folk by Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
Anjaliben who heads of the BJP women front in Rajkot, along with large number of women workers and office bearers of the party held the protest at Trikonbag crossing of the city.
The effigy of Rahul was wrapped in a Sari as a mark of protest against his statement in Vadodara during an interaction with youths there yesterday in which he had said that he had not seen women in ‘shorts’ in the RSS shakhas.
Later the protesters beat up the effigy and then symbolically made it seek an apology for insulting the women folk.
Notably, Rahul’s statement had immediately drawn flak from various quarters. Former Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel had also took a dig at him for it.
Rahul had made the statement questioning BJP’s women empowerment claim. He had said that why there were no woman in RSS and that he has not seen any woman in shorts in the Shakhas.
- IT searches premises of construction and finance firms in Rajkot
- Aadhaar Act upheld by SC as constitutionally valid; no Aadhar for banks, mobiles, schools, private companies
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL