BJP women’s front led by CM Rupani’s wife protest against Rahul by wrapping his effigy in SariOctober 11, 2017
Rajkot: The woman wing of ruling BJP led by wife of CM Vijay Rupani, Anjaliben Rupani today protested the alleged ‘indecent’ comment about women folk by Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
Anjaliben who heads of the BJP women front in Rajkot, along with large number of women workers and office bearers of the party held the protest at Trikonbag crossing of the city.
The effigy of Rahul was wrapped in a Sari as a mark of protest against his statement in Vadodara during an interaction with youths there yesterday in which he had said that he had not seen women in ‘shorts’ in the RSS shakhas.
Later the protesters beat up the effigy and then symbolically made it seek an apology for insulting the women folk.
Notably, Rahul’s statement had immediately drawn flak from various quarters. Former Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel had also took a dig at him for it.
Rahul had made the statement questioning BJP’s women empowerment claim. He had said that why there were no woman in RSS and that he has not seen any woman in shorts in the Shakhas.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it