BJP women’s front led by CM Rupani’s wife protest against Rahul by wrapping his effigy in SariOctober 11, 2017
Rajkot: The woman wing of ruling BJP led by wife of CM Vijay Rupani, Anjaliben Rupani today protested the alleged ‘indecent’ comment about women folk by Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
Anjaliben who heads of the BJP women front in Rajkot, along with large number of women workers and office bearers of the party held the protest at Trikonbag crossing of the city.
The effigy of Rahul was wrapped in a Sari as a mark of protest against his statement in Vadodara during an interaction with youths there yesterday in which he had said that he had not seen women in ‘shorts’ in the RSS shakhas.
Later the protesters beat up the effigy and then symbolically made it seek an apology for insulting the women folk.
Notably, Rahul’s statement had immediately drawn flak from various quarters. Former Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel had also took a dig at him for it.
Rahul had made the statement questioning BJP’s women empowerment claim. He had said that why there were no woman in RSS and that he has not seen any woman in shorts in the Shakhas.
- All eyes will be on Gujarat counting tomorrow for it being home turf of PM Modi, trends would be available from 9 am
- Hardik again sings EVM hacking song, Election commission rejects it saying - voting machines not hackable
- Lioness attack and injure 3 farmers in village close to Gir forests in Gujarat
- Like UP defying exit poll figures BJP will win 150+ seats in Gujarat: Rupani
- 5 including 2 of inter-state firearms smuggling gang nabbed in Gujarat, 8 pistol, one revolver recovered
- Live: Gujarat assembly elections 2017 results