Rupani slams Congress for Indira bigger leader than Sardar Patel remarkNovember 01, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today slammed opposition Congress party for remark by its spokesperson that Indira Gandhi was a bigger leader than Sardar Patel.
Congress spokesperson Aalok Sharma in a TV debate on News18 India TV channel yesterday said Indira Gandhi was bigger leader than Sardar Patel. Sharma said this in response to question asked by TV anchor Sumit Avasthi regarding smaller photo for Sardar Patel compared to Indira Gandhi at Congress office on anniversary of both leaders. Birth anniversary of Sardar Patel and death anniversary of Indira Gandhi both fall on October 31st.
Congress has been time and again criticized for ‘injustice’ to Sardar Patel by Gandhi-Nehru family which controls the party.
Reacting to Congress remark, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on twitter said: For Congress ‘Indira Gandhi is a bigger leader than Sardar’. Congress Party’s long standing hatred for Sardar Patel on display yet again. People of Gujarat will give a fitting reply to the repeated injustice & insult to Sardar Patel in the coming elections!
For Congress: ‘Indira Gandhi is a bigger leader than Sardar’. Congress Party’s long standing hatred for Sardar Patel on display yet again. pic.twitter.com/2UaWRFDPvj
— Vijay Rupani (@vijayrupanibjp) November 1, 2017
- Uddhav Thackeray, BJP MP Kakade predict Congress victory in Gujarat
- Rahul Gandhi will get a gift of 'defeat' from Gujarat Congress: Vaghani
- Hardik's yet another bizarre statement: BJP would win Gujarat and loose Himachal by tampering EVMs
- Mamlatdar forwards 'fake' letter of Deputy Election commissioner which claims EVMs can be hacked by mobile towers
- Gujarat BJP holds meeting, Instructs polling agents for counting day
- Re-polling on Sunday in 6 booths of Gujarat