Rupani slams Congress for Indira bigger leader than Sardar Patel remarkNovember 01, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today slammed opposition Congress party for remark by its spokesperson that Indira Gandhi was a bigger leader than Sardar Patel.
Congress spokesperson Aalok Sharma in a TV debate on News18 India TV channel yesterday said Indira Gandhi was bigger leader than Sardar Patel. Sharma said this in response to question asked by TV anchor Sumit Avasthi regarding smaller photo for Sardar Patel compared to Indira Gandhi at Congress office on anniversary of both leaders. Birth anniversary of Sardar Patel and death anniversary of Indira Gandhi both fall on October 31st.
Congress has been time and again criticized for ‘injustice’ to Sardar Patel by Gandhi-Nehru family which controls the party.
Reacting to Congress remark, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on twitter said: For Congress ‘Indira Gandhi is a bigger leader than Sardar’. Congress Party’s long standing hatred for Sardar Patel on display yet again. People of Gujarat will give a fitting reply to the repeated injustice & insult to Sardar Patel in the coming elections!
For Congress: ‘Indira Gandhi is a bigger leader than Sardar’. Congress Party’s long standing hatred for Sardar Patel on display yet again. pic.twitter.com/2UaWRFDPvj
— Vijay Rupani (@vijayrupanibjp) November 1, 2017
- ISMA files suit against PURO pink salt ad that says white salt is bad for health
- 50 electric buses to be put on BRTS route; no hike in fare
- Notice of deputy LoP Parmar for removal of assembly speaker included in agenda of the house for tomorrow
- Ahmedabad Crime Branch detects Ashram road Angadiya loot and murder case; accused nabbed from UP
- Water level at Narmada dam rising slowly but constantly; rise of 29 cm in four days
- Deputy Mamlatdar arrested on lady's complaint