Gujarati news channel files complaint over fake news being circulated on social media using its logoNovember 13, 2017
Ahmedabad: Gujarati news channel ABP Asmita has filed complaint in police station here against unidentified person who used screen shot of breaking news module of channel and morphed fake news by using ABP Asmita logo.
Unidentified person added fake news regarding Patidar community and Amit Shah to breaking news module. Later the morphed screen shots were circulated via social media channels such as Whatsapp and Faceboook.
ABP Asmita in its complaint mentioned that Amit Shah had not given any such statement to the channel and such news was never relayed on TV. The logo and appearance of channel were misused in order to disturb public order and create clash among communities.
The complaint has been filed under epc 171(g), 505(1)(b) and IT act section 66(c), 66(d), people’s representative act section 127(c).
ABP Asmita clarification
- Man dies after brutally thrashed in factory in Shapar Veraval; video goes viral
- Gujarat Govt approves Rs.900-crore project to make Tapi River pollution-free; CM launches Rs 492.60 crore projects in Surat
- Rs 61.12 crore Adajan Bus Port opens in Surat
- Rupani asks NRGs in USA to support ‘Jal Sanchay Abhiyan’ in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt, NASSCOM sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence for IOT at IITGn
- News in brief from across Gujarat