Gujarati news channel files complaint over fake news being circulated on social media using its logoNovember 13, 2017
Ahmedabad: Gujarati news channel ABP Asmita has filed complaint in police station here against unidentified person who used screen shot of breaking news module of channel and morphed fake news by using ABP Asmita logo.
Unidentified person added fake news regarding Patidar community and Amit Shah to breaking news module. Later the morphed screen shots were circulated via social media channels such as Whatsapp and Faceboook.
ABP Asmita in its complaint mentioned that Amit Shah had not given any such statement to the channel and such news was never relayed on TV. The logo and appearance of channel were misused in order to disturb public order and create clash among communities.
The complaint has been filed under epc 171(g), 505(1)(b) and IT act section 66(c), 66(d), people’s representative act section 127(c).
ABP Asmita clarification
- Solanki's fake resignation letter goes viral, Cong leader puts the blame on BJP
- Bomb disposal squad, sniffer dogs conduct search operation at Ahmedabad Railway station
- BJP launches 'Live Interactive Theater' moving publicity set up for Gujarat campaign
- Gujarat based Havmor to sell its Ice-Cream business to South Korea’s LOTTE Confectionery
- Alpesh Thakor faces opposition during Congress meeting in North Gujarat, leaves it midway
- A new family is buying Activa scooter every 9th second, 20 lac sold in 7 months