Congress conspiracy made 4 Patel CMs in Gujarat leave office: PM Modi at JasdanNovember 27, 2017
Jasdan (Guarat): In an apparent attack on PAAS-Congress bonhomie, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said that Congress had conspired to throw four Chief Ministers belonging to Patel community out of power in the past including the first such CM Babubhai Jashbhai Patel and the first woman CM and her successor Anandiben Patel .
Addressing an election rally here he said that Congress has in fact lost character and it was spreading such lies and baseless allegations which were never seen during any past election in Gujarat. Congress had always insulted Sardar Patel and to understand it one should read the diary of his daughter Maniben. The party had also insulted Morarji Desai, a Gandhian and person of impeccable character.
He said that when the first non-Congress government was made in Gujarat with the support of Jansangh and the son of Patel community Babubhai Jashbhai Patel became the first Patel CM of the state, Congress conspired and by sending some people in jail and by means of horse-trading during emergency made it fall within 9 months. Indiraben (Indira Gandhi) who had turned the whole country into a prison during emergency had also made the second Patel CM Chimanbhai Patel when he tried to work in his own style. And later when with the support of BJP he challenged Congress and formed government the party conspired again to oust him from power.
‘When Keshubhai became CM, Congress again conspired and managed the fall of his government. It also disturbed Anandiben Patel, the daughter of Patel community and first woman CM of Gujarat, through agitations supported monetarily by it,’ he alleged.
He also alleged that Congress was again trying to disturb the social fiber of Gujarat through its attempt to create caste divides.
- 68.70% polling in second phase as per primary estimates of EC, Exit polls show BJP lead
- Live: Gujarat CM, State BJP chief address the media after final phase of voting concludes
- All exit polls project BJP victory in Gujarat
- Second phase preliminary turnout 68.70%
- Complaint of Congress about PM Modi's 'road show' more of anticipatory nature, Collector Ahmedabad inquiring the matter:CEO B B Swain
- Advani, Jaitley also cast votes during Gujarat assembly polls in Ahmedabdad