Ockhi cyclone approaching Gujarat coast: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi cancelling campaign tripDecember 05, 2017
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, who returned to Delhi after cancellation of his proposed three day Gujarat trip mid way today owing to inclement weather, will come on a four day trip to the poll-bound state from December 8 now.
Gujarat Congress president and former union minister Bharatsinh Solanki today informed that Rahul would now visit central and north Gujarat from December 8 to 11.
Rahul could only address one rally today at Anjar but three of his proposed rallies at Morbi, Dhrangdhra and Wadhwan were cancelled owing to bad weather and rain caused by approaching cyclone Ockhi. Later it was decided to wind up his trip by cancelling the programmes of other two days for similar reasons. He returned to Delhi in his chartered plane from Bhuj after this. His plane earlier could not land at Kandla airport on arrival from Delhi owing to bad weather and was diverted to Bhuj airport.
Earlier addressing the Anjar meeting Rahul, who was speaking at a public rally for the first time after filing nomination for the presidential election of Congress party, claimed that more scams of Modi government would come to fore in coming days.
He also repeated his earlier allegations on PM Modi and BJP.
Rahul said that Congress would come to power in Gujarat after 22 hours and make its future ‘golden’. He said that Congress government would try to fulfill all the commitments made in the party’s manifesto including loan waiver of farmers, making 25 lakh homes. He also raked up the Rafael deal and Jay Shah’s company issues during the rally and asked questions to PM Modi.
- Flights connecting Ahmedabad to Porbandar and Jaisalmer from today
- Foreign Trade Development Officer caught red handed taking bribe from exporter for correction in foreign trade license from exporter in Gujarat
- Rajkot has got the Gujarat AIIMS due to political heavyweights of the region including CM Rupani and LoP Dhanani: BJP MLA Yogesh Patel
- Cold wave in parts of Gujarat, Met issues warning for tomorrow as well
- Jaxay Shah appointed chairman of Assocham Gujarat chapter
- Three companies sign MoUs with Gujarat govt for Rs. 3,710 crore investment in expansion and new projects