Barring one incident, first phase polling peaceful: BB SwainDecember 09, 2017
Gandhiniagar: Chief Electoral Office(CEO) of Gujarat, BB Swain today while addressing the media persons said, the first phase polling had been over peacefully barring one incident of violence which was not directly linked to election.
Swain who was sitting with ADGP Mohan Jha said, ‘Jha is here and I am told that barring one incident of violence, the first phase polling has been peaceful. The incident of violence happened at Chorvira village of Sayla taluka of Limbdi seat in Surendranagar district. Four persons are injured in group clash. Both groups belong to same community. The reason of clash was private.’
Congress party’s election incharge for Saurashtra, Rajeev Satav however tweeted that congress polling booth agent was injured by Congress workers and his leg was fractured in Chorvira village of Limbi assembly seat.
In other development BJP candidate from Visavdar seat Kirit Patel allegedly slapped a presiding officer for concluding polling process earlier than scheduled 5.00 pm limit.
In unrelated incident, Ashwin Sankdasaria who runs Patidar Sangharsh Samiti was attacked in Hirabaug area. Ashwin was passing through the area in his car with family when suspected PAAS goons attacked the car with steel weight and broke the glasses. Ashwin went to Varachha police station to file complaint. Ashwin is one who had revealed that Hardik Patel and PAAS conveners were into sexual exploitation of girls including the girls from Patidar community.
- Actress Rita Bhaduri passes away
- Rupani canceles Gir Somnath visit as helicopter unable to land due to bad weather
- Sterling Hospital Ahmedabad 'charges a patient unfairly'; video goes viral
- Gujarat govt announces transfers of over 30 IPS officers; Rajkot, Vadodara get new Police Commissioner
- Opportunity to join Civil Service: GPSC invites applications for 294 Class I and II posts
- Saudi Airlines plane going to Dhaka from Riyadh make emergency landing in Ahmedabad