Festival showcasing Parsi culture celebrated in AhmedabadDecember 29, 2017
Ahmedabad: Governor of Gujarat OP Kohli today attended Parsi Festival in Ahmedabad.
The Ahmedabad Parsi Panchayat in association with the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) is organizing first of its kind ‘Parsi fest’ which is being held at 100-year-old Nowrojee Hall in Shahibaug with Parsi delicacies, an insight into their garments, vintage car collection and books in offer.
Mehr Medora, a member of Parsi Panchayat and trustee of Ushta-te Foundation, said the festival is organized on request of Heritage cell of AMC.
The festival venue had stalls by Parsis from across the state, a talk on the contribution of Parsis in the city, Parsi textile exhibition, a tour of Nowrojee hall to delve into the life of how Sir Norojee lived, Parsi cuisine, stall where visitors can dress up like Parsis in their traditional attire and get photographs clicked with vintage cars in the background.
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area