Festival showcasing Parsi culture celebrated in AhmedabadDecember 29, 2017
Ahmedabad: Governor of Gujarat OP Kohli today attended Parsi Festival in Ahmedabad.
The Ahmedabad Parsi Panchayat in association with the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) is organizing first of its kind ‘Parsi fest’ which is being held at 100-year-old Nowrojee Hall in Shahibaug with Parsi delicacies, an insight into their garments, vintage car collection and books in offer.
Mehr Medora, a member of Parsi Panchayat and trustee of Ushta-te Foundation, said the festival is organized on request of Heritage cell of AMC.
The festival venue had stalls by Parsis from across the state, a talk on the contribution of Parsis in the city, Parsi textile exhibition, a tour of Nowrojee hall to delve into the life of how Sir Norojee lived, Parsi cuisine, stall where visitors can dress up like Parsis in their traditional attire and get photographs clicked with vintage cars in the background.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress