Padmaavat: Police to act against violent protesters under IPC 308 and 120 B, warns Police Commissioner of AhmedabadJanuary 21, 2018
Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar: In view of violence over release of Padmaavat movie(scheduled on January 25), Ahmedabad police commissioner has issued a notification stating that those protesting at multiplexes, malls will be booked under section 308 of IPC (attempt to commit culpable homicide). Gujarat DGP has issued appeal for peace. He said police are making preventive arrests in order to prevent untoward incident police are making preventive arrests. He added that public buses in several routes were stopped.
DGP Pramod Kumar said, ‘I appeal the protesters not to indulge in violence We are committed to Supreme Court order that allows release of the movie. We will provide security to cinema owners who want to show the movie,.” He said police has registered 15 complaints against people found involved in violence over the release of the movie. 6 IG, DIG, additional SP, 14 DySP, 41 PI, two RAF companies have been deployed to ensure law and order across the state.
Last evening a group of protestors had ransacked booking window of Nikol based Rajhans theater in Ahmedabad. In Surat press conference, Rajput youths displayed stones and fuel and threatened to use it if movie is released in any theater.
Senior Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama issues statement, and make appeal for peace, congratulates multiplexes for skipping screening of the film.
- Bhavnagar to get Rs 80 crore regional science museum
- Heat wave continued despite marginal drop in temperatures in Gujarat
- Operation of trains from platform 6 of Ahmedabad railway station stopped for 45 days
- Surat Police arrests a young lady criminal Asmita Gohil alias Bhuri
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Indonesia and Singapore during May 29 - June 2
- Two youths stripped, beaten up by mob of their own community in Gondal