Administration to check whether mechanized Jalabhishek is causing damage to Ghela Somnath ShivlingaJanuary 28, 2018
Rajkot: District Collector office of Rajkot has sought to know whether mechanized jalabhishek at Ghela Somnath mandir is causing any damage to Shiva linga.
Ghela Somnath mandir in Jasdan has developed a mechanism that when any devotee offers Rs 10, the electric instrument pour in water (Jalabhishek) over Shivlinga automatically from Gaumukh in force.
Ahmedabad based Vipinbhai Pandya who is regular visitor to this temple and also a donor who has contributed for construction of rooms of guest house, has raised question over frequent jalabhishek and damage to the Shivlinga due to it.
District Collector Dr. Vikrant Panday said the administration will inqure whether the mechanized jalabhishek is causing damage to Shivlinga.
- Surat police seeks addition of 1306 CCTV cameras to cover the gaps in vigil
- Two arrested for anchoring a ship without permission at Magdalla Jetty of ABG; measures taken to prevent damage to ONGC bridge
- Passport issuance delay at Ahmedabad RPO: Sushma Swaraj seeks reply from officer
- Bodies of lion cub and leopard found at different places in Tulsishyam range of Gir
- 67.50% pass Gujarat board's SSC 2018 exam, Surat tops the table again, girls outperform boys
- Rajkot - Mumbai Duranto train flagged off