Administration to check whether mechanized Jalabhishek is causing damage to Ghela Somnath ShivlingaJanuary 28, 2018
Rajkot: District Collector office of Rajkot has sought to know whether mechanized jalabhishek at Ghela Somnath mandir is causing any damage to Shiva linga.
Ghela Somnath mandir in Jasdan has developed a mechanism that when any devotee offers Rs 10, the electric instrument pour in water (Jalabhishek) over Shivlinga automatically from Gaumukh in force.
Ahmedabad based Vipinbhai Pandya who is regular visitor to this temple and also a donor who has contributed for construction of rooms of guest house, has raised question over frequent jalabhishek and damage to the Shivlinga due to it.
District Collector Dr. Vikrant Panday said the administration will inqure whether the mechanized jalabhishek is causing damage to Shivlinga.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress