Administration to check whether mechanized Jalabhishek is causing damage to Ghela Somnath ShivlingaJanuary 28, 2018
Rajkot: District Collector office of Rajkot has sought to know whether mechanized jalabhishek at Ghela Somnath mandir is causing any damage to Shiva linga.
Ghela Somnath mandir in Jasdan has developed a mechanism that when any devotee offers Rs 10, the electric instrument pour in water (Jalabhishek) over Shivlinga automatically from Gaumukh in force.
Ahmedabad based Vipinbhai Pandya who is regular visitor to this temple and also a donor who has contributed for construction of rooms of guest house, has raised question over frequent jalabhishek and damage to the Shivlinga due to it.
District Collector Dr. Vikrant Panday said the administration will inqure whether the mechanized jalabhishek is causing damage to Shivlinga.
- Junagadh, Porbandar to get water supply every third day
- Volunteery services of Kutchi gentleman to shine in Kaun Banega Crorepati episode
- Dahej - Ghogha ro-pax ferry service timings to change from 1 December
- Gujarat govt. refutes Congress allegation over contract with Vodafone
- Gujarat Science City demonstrates robots that work as waiter; India's first Robotics gallery to come up by mid-next year
- Ravindra and Rivaba Jadeja meet PM Narendra Modi in Delhi