LoP Dhanani, Cong MLA Thummar appear before court after warning of issuance of NBWJanuary 29, 2018
Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly and local Congress MLA Paresh Dhanani and 11 other leaders of the party including Lathi MLA Virji Thummar appeared in a court here today in connection with a case pertaining to burning the effigy of the state government and CM breaching an administrative order.
Amreli Municipality Chairman Alkaben Gondaliya, former MLA, Thakarshi Metaliya, Congress district President Pankaj Kanabar, District General Secretary Naresh Aghiyaru were also among those appeared in the court here.
They had not appeared in the court on many past dates and the court had on the last date warned their advocate Nishit Patel that it would issue Non Bailable Warrant against them if they failed to appear before it on the next date ie today.
Dhanani, Thummar, Gondaliya and others appeared in the court today. The effigy was burnt at the Rajkamal chowk in the city here.
The court fixed February 8 as the next date of hearing.
Dhanani after appearing in the court told newsmen here that it was a case under section 188 of the IPC. ‘The BJP government was behaving in an even more dictatorial manner than the earlier British regime and even the opposition party has to take permission for every demonstration,’ he said.
- Driver of bank cash van flees with estimated Rs 2 crore cash in Ahmedabad
- Polling for 4-seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat on March 23, if required
- Gujarat CM replies debate on Motion of Thanks to Governor’s address to Assembly
- BJP wins Kheda district panchayat, improves overall performance compared to 2013, Congress wins Banaskantha
- Ahmedabad gets Central Command and Control Centre at Paldi
- 2.10 lakh tourists in Rann Utsav, govt earned Rs 4.60 crore