Police Commissioner of Surat suspends Inspector over viral videoFebruary 09, 2018
Surat: City police commissioner has suspended a Traffic police inspector Nakum for being unable to gather enough evidences in murder case. The reason behind his suspension is also a viral video on social media in which he is shown driving car in dedicated lane for Bus Rapid Transit System(BRTS). To drive vehicle in BRTS lane is crime for which common citizens are punished. The BRTS lane driving issue is fresh. Nakum was caught by a citizen and his video was captured while in car in BRTS lane. The video contains argument over this between a citizen and Inspector Nakum. The murder case is related to Chowk Bazar police station area where Nakum was Inspector in the past.
- Moderate tremor in central South Gujarat, epicenter near Netrang in Bharuch, no damage reported
- Body of lion found in millet field in Gujarat
- Union Cabinet clears ordinance to award death penalty to child rapists
- Live: PM Modi addresses Civil Servants in Delhi
- Parimal Nathwani written 'Gir Lion : Pride of Gujarat' book launched in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat CM at Dholera SIR tomorrow to lay foundation stone for two projects