Tappar dam to be filled with Narmada waterMarch 07, 2018
Bhuj: The government of Gujarat has started filling Tappar dam of district Kutch with Narmada water for which water has been released in Kutch branch canal.
The area of Vagad, main town of which is Rapar has no source of water. Narmada waters in Tappar dam will be able to supply drinking water to Gandhidham, Bhachau and Rapar talukas.
Due to scanty rain last monsoon, 20 middle category gams in Kutch have only 14.46% water left, of which water of six dam is now reserved for drinking water supply only. They are Godhatad, Suvi, Fatehgadh, Gajansar, Kalaghogha and Mititi dams. In addition to this, Bandi dam water in Bhuj taluka is also reserved for drinking purpose.
- Nita Ambani performs Madhurashtakam, entire Ambani family dance on 'Gujju' song, Salman Khan dances as background artist at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur
- Jagdish Thakkar PRO of PM Modi who also served as PRO of various Gujarat CMs passes away
- Jasdan by-poll: Fake news alert
- Nita Ambani visits Swadesh Bazaar - supporting 108 traditional Indian Crafts
- A group of 30 professors from Gujarat visit PM Modi after attending training programme in U.K.
- Gujarat to have Consul office of Kazakhstan; inauguration on Monday