Education minister Chudasama distributes roses to students on day one of class 10 and 12 GSEB examsMarch 12, 2018
Gujarat Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama today handed over roses to the students and wished them good luck on the first day of class 10 and 12 exam to be conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (commonly known as GSEB).
Over 17 lakh students were appearing in the exams.
In all 17 lakh 16 thousand 291 students would appear in both the board exams of whom 11 lakh 3 thousand 674 were for 10th board.
The class 10 board exams will end on March 23 while Class 12 or HSCexams for the Science and General stream which also start today will end on March 28. The exams for commerce stream of class 12 will be held from March 17 to March 28.
For the HSC over 46 thousand examines are privately appearing while over 16 thousand were doing so for 10 th board. For class 12 the whole state has been divided in 56 zones while for class 10 exam the number of such zones was 79.
A total of 192 prisoners are also participating in the exams of which 155 are for class 10 and 37 in class 12 exam. For them special centers have been made in the four central jails in Ahmedabad (38 of class 10, 7 of class 12), Rajkot (72, 11 ), Surat (4, 2) and Vadodara (41, 17). All examinations are being held in a single shift of three hours from 10am to 13:20pm for Class 10. Whereas for Class 12, the exams are to be held in evening session from 3pm to 06:15pm. Elaborate arrangements have been made for the exams and to keep a check on mal-practices CCTV and tablet devices will be used.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it