Coast Guard to launch ‘C-437’ interceptor boat at Porbandar tomorrowMarch 16, 2018
To further strengthen the security umbrella of west coast along Gujarat, Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘C-437’ an interceptor boat, would be commissioned at the CG jetty here tomorrow.
According to a coast guard official, Additional Director General K Natarajan PTM TM Coast Guard Commander (Western Seaboard) would be the Chief Guest for the event and would formally commission the ship by unveiling its plaque..
Earlier another interceptor boat ICGS C-161 was commissioned in January here.
These inductions were a part of ongoing efforts by the Coast Guard to strengthen coastal security.
It will strengthen the security umbrella of west coast and also help augment patrolling to prevent illicit activities such as infiltration, smuggling and illegal fishing.
- Fire raging in your bosoms is in my heart too: PM Modi in Bihar
- Govt decides to withdraw the security cover to five separatist leaders of Kashmir
- Gujarat IPS transferred, promoted
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- GPCB orders closure of 7 industrial units for continuous violation of discharge norms
- After withdrawing MFN status to Pakistan, India raise import duty on Pakistani goods by 200%