Coast Guard to launch ‘C-437’ interceptor boat at Porbandar tomorrowMarch 16, 2018
To further strengthen the security umbrella of west coast along Gujarat, Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘C-437’ an interceptor boat, would be commissioned at the CG jetty here tomorrow.
According to a coast guard official, Additional Director General K Natarajan PTM TM Coast Guard Commander (Western Seaboard) would be the Chief Guest for the event and would formally commission the ship by unveiling its plaque..
Earlier another interceptor boat ICGS C-161 was commissioned in January here.
These inductions were a part of ongoing efforts by the Coast Guard to strengthen coastal security.
It will strengthen the security umbrella of west coast and also help augment patrolling to prevent illicit activities such as infiltration, smuggling and illegal fishing.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity