Congress party in India a client of Cambridge Analytica: Whistle blower tells UK Parliament committeeMarch 27, 2018
New Delhi: As the ‘data theft’ controversy continues to heat up the political space leading to acrimonious exchange and mudslinging between the major parties, the Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Christopher Wylie today made a stunning revelation in the data breach case.
Christopher Wylie, a former employee of Cambridge Analytica said that the company extensively worked in India and suggested the Congress party might have been a client.
Twenty-eight-year-old Wylie was deposing before the UK Parliament when he reiterated the allegations against CA.
“I believe their client was Congress but I know that they have done all kinds of project. I don’t remember a national project but I know regionally. India’s so big that one state can be as big as Britain. But they do have offices there, they do have staff,” Whylie reportedly said.
Congress party in India a client of Cambridge Analytica, says whistleblower Christopher Wylie while deposing before UK Parliament committee. He speaks about regional assignments in India for Congress party pic.twitter.com/UbyHiZbqMb
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) March 27, 2018
Responding to a question on CA’s work in India by Labour’s Paul Farrelly, he said: “I believe their [CA’s] client was Congress, but I know that they’ve done all kinds of projects both regionally…I don’t remember a national project, I know regionally.
Soon after the testimony details emerged, the ruling BJP said Congress president Rahul Gandhi should apologise.
“They have lied. They must apologise to the nation,” Union Minsiter Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The British political data analytics company is accused of using the private data of more than five crore Facebook users to influence voters during 2016 presidential elections in the United States.
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party
- Jawahar Chavda issues video statement claiming his remark in local flavoured dialect was misunderstood
- CBDT refutes Media Report
- BJP conducts 'Ghar Ghar Chalo Abhiyan' in Gandhinagar from where party president Amit Shah has been declared candidate