Hanuman Jayanti procession clash: 28 detained in SuratApril 01, 2018
Police has detained 28 people in connection with the clash, unruly behaviour and incident of stone pelting during Hanuman Jayanti Procession in Muslim dominant Limbayat area of the city last evening.
PI Limabyat N D Solanki said that so far 28 people have been nabbed in this connection for interrogation.
Another police official said that stone pelting took place when some of the over-enthusiast participants of the procession climbed on the wall of a mosque with swords etc.
Police had to resort to tear gas lobbing to disperse the mob.
28 people mostly associated with the procession have been detained by the police in this connection.
- Bus collides with tree in South Gujarat, 2 passengers from Ahmedabad dead, 4 injured
- IRCTC to run Shree Ramayana special train from Rajkot from December 7
- Statue of Unity projection mapping show known as Laser Show to get a more organized shape in coming days, the free of charge 30 minute show going on regular in the evening since Gujarati new year day
- Vinay Shah ad/investment scam: A day after announcement of probe, CID-crime team visits police stations in Ahmedabad to take case papers
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP starts in Gujarat from today, strict measures to check irregularity
- Vibrant Summit 2019: Gujarat CM to lead road show in Delhi on Friday