Hanuman Jayanti procession clash: 28 detained in SuratApril 01, 2018
Police has detained 28 people in connection with the clash, unruly behaviour and incident of stone pelting during Hanuman Jayanti Procession in Muslim dominant Limbayat area of the city last evening.
PI Limabyat N D Solanki said that so far 28 people have been nabbed in this connection for interrogation.
Another police official said that stone pelting took place when some of the over-enthusiast participants of the procession climbed on the wall of a mosque with swords etc.
Police had to resort to tear gas lobbing to disperse the mob.
28 people mostly associated with the procession have been detained by the police in this connection.
- Ease of Living Index: Surat ranked 19, Ahmedabad 23, Vadodara 36, Gandhinagar 39
- BJP to start week long membership campaign from August 15
- Heroin recovery case accused sent on remand, around 105 kg was received in sea
- Groundnut issue: After strict stance of Faldu, Dhanani apologize for his personal allegation
- Chances of re-activation of Monsoon in Gujarat from August 17, another system over bay of Bengal might end dry spell
- Pakistan releases 26 Indian fishermen, most of them from Gujarat