Hanuman Jayanti procession clash: 28 detained in SuratApril 01, 2018
Police has detained 28 people in connection with the clash, unruly behaviour and incident of stone pelting during Hanuman Jayanti Procession in Muslim dominant Limbayat area of the city last evening.
PI Limabyat N D Solanki said that so far 28 people have been nabbed in this connection for interrogation.
Another police official said that stone pelting took place when some of the over-enthusiast participants of the procession climbed on the wall of a mosque with swords etc.
Police had to resort to tear gas lobbing to disperse the mob.
28 people mostly associated with the procession have been detained by the police in this connection.
- Railway Board Chairman reviews progress of Bullet train project in Ahmedabad
- Narmada main canal water only for drinking purpose: Banaskantha collector warns citizens
- Congress councilors, office bearers join BJP in Bardoli: Kunvarji Halpati rejoin BJP in Mandvi
- 17 names for Congress candidature on Jamnagar Lok Sabha seat
- Water enough for two-month use added to Ranjitsagar dam through SAUNI
- Hitesh Patel, wanted in Vadodara based Sterling Biotech case detained in Albania