Inauguration of revamped Lakhota Palace in Jamnagar later this monthApril 01, 2018
Jamnagar: Chief Minister Vijay Rupani is likely to inaugurate a renovated Lakhota palace in Jamnagar later this month.
The palace has been renovated at a cost of Rs 17 crore. It is located in the middle of iconic Ranmal lake.
Renovation of Lakhota palace started in year 2015. The renovation work was completed in last September. The department of Museums, Government of Gujarat took some time to place artifacts and do wall paintings. Later, due to the model code of conduct ahead of the assembly elections, the inauguration was delayed.
A 28-minute documentary will be screened through light and sound show at Lakhota lake.
The Chief Minister is likely to conduct draw for allotment of 576 affordable housing units during his Jamnagar visit.
He will also attend a day-night cricket tournament as chief guest. The tournament will be participated by the teams of all municipal corporations across Gujarat at Cricket Bungalow (Ajitsinhji Cricket pavilion).
Reliance Industries Ltd(RIL) has given sponsorship of Rs 21 lakh while Essar has given Rs 5 lakh for this Mayors’ cup cricket tournament.
Total 16 teams (Mayors eleven and Commissioner eleven) will take part in this tournament which is organized between 8-14 April.
- Congress should be ready to face 'consequences' if I am dismissed from MLA post: Alpesh Thakor
- JioPhone leads feature phone market in India
- Asaram's son, Narayan Sai held guilty in rape case by a Gujarat court
- Amid scorching summer, water level in the life-line of water supply in Gujarat 'Narmada Dam' rising again; 119.27 m level as on today morning
- In pictures: A glimpse of revamped stretch of CG Road in Ahmedabad
- Drama artist Prachi Maurya murder case: Vadodara Police arrest accused Wasim Malik