3-year old medical colleges can apply for PG courseApril 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: Medical colleges will be able to apply for starting Post Graduation(PG) courses after three years instead of earlier provision of five years. Medical Council of India(MCI) has changed the rule to facilitate this.
There are over 60,000 seats in under graduate medical courses while 35,000 seats in post graduation. Due to lack of enough number of PG seats, there’s shortage of specialist doctors. To increase the availability of specialist doctors in the country, MCI has tweaked the rule and allowed to start PG courses in 3-year old medical colleges instead of earlier provision of 5-year.
- Speculations rife about Ahmed Patel's son's political debut from Bharuch seat
- Speculation rife about Vaghela's ex-MLA son Mahendrasinh re-joining BJP
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party
- Jawahar Chavda issues video statement claiming his remark in local flavoured dialect was misunderstood