3-year old medical colleges can apply for PG courseApril 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: Medical colleges will be able to apply for starting Post Graduation(PG) courses after three years instead of earlier provision of five years. Medical Council of India(MCI) has changed the rule to facilitate this.
There are over 60,000 seats in under graduate medical courses while 35,000 seats in post graduation. Due to lack of enough number of PG seats, there’s shortage of specialist doctors. To increase the availability of specialist doctors in the country, MCI has tweaked the rule and allowed to start PG courses in 3-year old medical colleges instead of earlier provision of 5-year.
- Man dies after brutally thrashed in factory in Shapar Veraval; video goes viral
- Gujarat Govt approves Rs.900-crore project to make Tapi River pollution-free; CM launches Rs 492.60 crore projects in Surat
- Rs 61.12 crore Adajan Bus Port opens in Surat
- Rupani asks NRGs in USA to support ‘Jal Sanchay Abhiyan’ in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt, NASSCOM sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence for IOT at IITGn
- News in brief from across Gujarat