3-year old medical colleges can apply for PG courseApril 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: Medical colleges will be able to apply for starting Post Graduation(PG) courses after three years instead of earlier provision of five years. Medical Council of India(MCI) has changed the rule to facilitate this.
There are over 60,000 seats in under graduate medical courses while 35,000 seats in post graduation. Due to lack of enough number of PG seats, there’s shortage of specialist doctors. To increase the availability of specialist doctors in the country, MCI has tweaked the rule and allowed to start PG courses in 3-year old medical colleges instead of earlier provision of 5-year.
- GIFT City Gujarat based BSE India INX daily turnover volume peaks at all time high of INR 8,112.58 crores
- Through iON digital platform, TCS democratizes recruitment providing equal opportunity to young engineers across India
- First building on reclaimed land of river Sabarmati inaugurated in Ahmedabad
- AMC removes dangerous portion of minaret of Ek Toda mosque in Dolatkhana area
- Highways connecting Patan to Harij, Sidhpur and Unjha to be converted to four-lane
- Gujarat govt to bring law for 80% jobs to Gujaratis, 25% jobs to locals in industrial and service sector: Chief Minister Rupani