3-year old medical colleges can apply for PG courseApril 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: Medical colleges will be able to apply for starting Post Graduation(PG) courses after three years instead of earlier provision of five years. Medical Council of India(MCI) has changed the rule to facilitate this.
There are over 60,000 seats in under graduate medical courses while 35,000 seats in post graduation. Due to lack of enough number of PG seats, there’s shortage of specialist doctors. To increase the availability of specialist doctors in the country, MCI has tweaked the rule and allowed to start PG courses in 3-year old medical colleges instead of earlier provision of 5-year.
- SC Judge M.R. Shah and Solicitor General Tushar Mehta felicitated
- Abruptly lowered maximum temperatures and wind at lower level giving 'cold-wave' like feeling at various places across Gujarat
- Woman CA nabbed red handed accepting Rs 8 lakh bribe for Assistant IT commissioner
- PM Modi slams Congress for showing disregard to SC verdict on Rafale
- Rafale – Lies, Shortlived lies and now further lies : a note by Arun Jaitley
- Teaser of Gujarati Movie Short Circuit: Aghru, Appetizer, Curiosity Aroused