Five villages of Surendranagar included in Rajkot district to ease the development of new AirportMay 03, 2018
The Revenue Department has through a notification included five villages of Chotila taluka in Surendranagar district in Rajkot district to ease the development of the new airport near Hirasar.
Bamabor, Navagam, Gundala, Garida and Jivapar have been made part of Rajkot.
The lands of these villages are to be used for development of the airport.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had in October last year participated in the groundbreaking ceremony for a greenfield airport in Chotila to be developed by Airports Authority of India by 2021. The airport at Hirasar, is to be made over 2500 acres at a cost of over Rs 1400 crores.
The airport will be located near the National Highway (NH-8B) connecting Ahmedabad and Rajkot. It will be situated 27 kilometres from the existing airport at Rajkot, whose capacity is constrained and cannot be expanded because of commercial development around it.
- Rajkot SP suspends 4 cops for security related negligence
- Youth dies after heavy workout at gym in Surat
- Two Banaskantha Congress leaders join BJP; former Rajkot Mayor rejoins Congress along with former MLA of Chotila
- Ease of Living Index: Surat ranked 19, Ahmedabad 23, Vadodara 36, Gandhinagar 39
- BJP to start week long membership campaign from August 15
- Heroin recovery case accused sent on remand, around 105 kg was received in sea