Five villages of Surendranagar included in Rajkot district to ease the development of new AirportMay 03, 2018
The Revenue Department has through a notification included five villages of Chotila taluka in Surendranagar district in Rajkot district to ease the development of the new airport near Hirasar.
Bamabor, Navagam, Gundala, Garida and Jivapar have been made part of Rajkot.
The lands of these villages are to be used for development of the airport.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had in October last year participated in the groundbreaking ceremony for a greenfield airport in Chotila to be developed by Airports Authority of India by 2021. The airport at Hirasar, is to be made over 2500 acres at a cost of over Rs 1400 crores.
The airport will be located near the National Highway (NH-8B) connecting Ahmedabad and Rajkot. It will be situated 27 kilometres from the existing airport at Rajkot, whose capacity is constrained and cannot be expanded because of commercial development around it.
- Live: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates L&T Armoured Systems Complex at Hazira
- Live: Gujarat’s Sprint to 2022 session at Vibrant Gujarat 2019
- PM Narendra Modi on visit to Hazira today
- Live: Africa Day session at Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 3D mapping projection show at Dandi Kutir in Mahatma Mandir